Friday, June 10, 2011

Incredible Resume Item done outside of work

"Earlier this year I got pretty bored and decided to do something creative in my spare time..." thus begins a video on YouTube (previously on Vimeo)  that has garnered millions of hits and demonstrated the artists ability to create an animated story with a plot, timing, suspense, a hint of romance and action... in less than 8 minutes. Admittedly some of the hits come from the niche the artist chose to compose in, World of Warcraft, but still it is a powerful testament as to what they person can do. If I were a recruiter, hiring manager, creative exec or ad house owner I would have e-mailed the guy asking "How much do you need to do that again for me?"; no interview, no HR BS... I would want that same expertise for my company.

Check it out: The craft of war: Blind

No comments:

Post a Comment